Published 18 January 2023
THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR IS COMING...
From Saturday 11 to Sunday 19 February, The Lexicon, will host a fabulous interactive trail based on Eric Carle’s best-selling children’s book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Following the same journey of the caterpillar from egg to butterfly, visitors will wind their way through an assortment of larger-than-life fruit sculptures (starting at Waitrose and finishing in Princess Square), a cosy chrysalis and a beautiful butterfly, all based on artwork from the famous book.
Visitors to the town centre, can pick up a trail leaflet and free piece of fruit (while stocks last) at Waitrose to start their adventure. The interactive mini adventure, will help to teach children about the close relationship between plants and insects as they search for items such as apples and pears to complete the trial.
There will also be storytelling sessions (lasting between 30 and 40 minutes) in Waterstones and Fenwick on Tuesday 14 and Friday 17 February 2003. Spaces for the storytell sessions are now at capacity and there is NO further space available. Cushions will be available for children to use, parents will be required to stand.
There are a variety of prizes that can be won as part of The Very Hungry Caterpiller which have been kindly sponsored by Penguin Random House, Rainbow Design Toys, Ella's Kitchen and Bloom & Blossom, pick up an trail leaflet at Waitrose and keep an eye on our social media pages for further information.
Running at the same time is KIDS EAT FREE.
Five restaurants are involved this half-term including-: Fuego in Fenwick / Las Iguanus / M&S Café / Tangs / The Real Greek / Wagamama and the Waitrose Restaurant
Did you know that a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar is sold somewhere in the world every minute? While the book was published more than half a century ago in 1969, it remains a bookshelf staple for many families today.
Please note the participating restaurants t&cs:-
- Fuego (Fenwick) - kids eat free with every £20 spent by an adult at Fuego from Monday 13 to Thursday 16 February 2023. Offer includes kids set meal. One free kids’ meal per adult only. Each adult to spend £20 to qualify for one free kids’ meal. Available to all children under 12. Valid for dine-in-only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. An optional 10% service charge will be added to your bill.
- Las Iguanas - kids eat free from Monday 13 to Friday 17 February, kids eat free for every main meal purchased. This will include the child's main, 2 sides and dessert but excluding a drink. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- M&S Café - running from Monday 13 to Friday 24 February, children can enjoy a main, snack and drink from the Kids’ Munch Menu for free (normally £3.95), when £5 is spent on adult food or drink.
- Tangs - as part of the Friday Evening Buffet - a free childs meal when accompanied by two paid adults meals. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Real Greek - free kids meal for every £10 spent by an adult Monday 13 to Sunday 26 February 2023. Offer includes kids meal from Kids Menu, Drink and Ice Cream or Sorbet. One free kids meal per adult only. Each adult to spend £10 or more to qualify for one free kids meal. Available to all children under 12. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer / promotion / discount. An optional 10% service charge will be added to your bill.
- Wagamama - enjoy one free kids meal with a purchase of an adult main from Monday 13 to Friday 17 February 2023. Offer available at wagamama Bracknell only. Redemption only valid between 2pm and 5pm, wagamama have the right to remove this offer at anytime.
- Waitrose Restaurant - running from Wednesday 8 to Tuesday 28 February kids eat free with a £5 purchase using a MyWaitrose Card.